Wednesday, November 26, 2014

11/17/14 Livin out of a suit case. . .

Hey Fam,                                                                            Nov 17, 2014
The title describes this week. But, before I begin... remember those salespeople that I told you about a couple of weeks back that saw us in our white shirts. . . . .. Now there is about 25-30 everyday in white shirts and ties that hand out advertisement things. And they took our spot again!!!! They are the sons of perdition I swear, so every time we try to hand out pass along cards, the people think that they are ads for vacuums and stuff like that. Looks like will have to convert them first.

So other than that this week has been hectic; I said goodbye to Elder Martin on Tuesday and some tears were shed. Just kidding, but he was a great companion and I learned A TON from him. So I moved all my stuff to the Germiston flat to stay there for 2 weeks but that was not the case. . . .  The next day, Wednesday, we had been proselyting for about 2 hours and I get a call from the AP's. There was a brand new missionary from the Brazil MTC whose Visa to Angola hadn't arrived and he needed a companion. So just like that I had a new companion and we formed the youngest companionship in the mission. His name is Elder Mochaki, he is from  South Africa and he should have his visa to Angola sometime this week or so.  I will be moving back to the Germiston when his visa arrives until Transfers which next Tuesday. Then I will return to Alberton get another new companion. So with that I will spend the week in between Germiston/Alberton.

Tuesday-Said goodbyes to Elder Martin :( I hope he has adjusted to home and his mission weirdness has rubbed off. His girlfriend leaves on a mission to Leeds, England on Wednesday. 

Wednesday- Got the new comp!!! and I had to move all my stuff back to the Alberton Flat. 

Thursday- We continued the missionary work here in Alberton by visiting our investigator named Washington who is from Malawi. He is the funniest little guy, but he hates to make eye contact. We also had a new lady who just showed up to church and she wants to learn more! Her best friend is a member in a neighboring ward and she has went to church with her so she looks really promising. 

Friday- Elder Mochaki taught me some Portuguese and we actually saw some people from Mozambique, who only spoke Portuguese and Elder Mochaki was able to talk to them and we have an appointment with them tomorrow. 

Saturday- We spent the entire day in "the hood"; an area where just walked around and talked to people the entire day. There definitely are some people that are prepared to receive the Gospel here in Alberton, it is just a matter of finding them. We also went to teach one of our investigators who lives in the commune people with like 30 people from Zimbabwe. So we just walk up and teach new faces every time we go there. I call it the Gold mine of investigators.

Sunday- We had our primary program which was so awesome. It is always good to hear kids scream "I KNOW HEAVENLY FATHER LOVES ME" in the mic. :) But, all of our investigators loved how the church is centered around families. Then we went and saw Ndida, who is starting a gold trading business,  he is an impressive guy.
. 
The work here in Alberton continues to grow and every week we see more people and teach them. It is also great to have a "greenie" that wants to work as hard as he possibly can. 

Elder Bhead
Helamen 10:5

No comments:

Post a Comment