Monday, December 1, 2014

12/1/14 Thanksgiving Feast

What up Fam,            Dec 1, 2014
This week definitely has been a whirlwind one. So last Monday, I went to the new trainers meeting and it was great!!. It is crazy to think that 3 months have already flown by and I have the opportunity to serve a greenie for the next three months. 

Tuesday- It was transfers and I found out who I was going to train. Drum roll please...................................  his name is Elder Wegrowski, from .................................... Temecula, California. Before anything else, I have already cracked the Mike Mazoski joke from Monsters Inc over 20 times this week. He is 18 years old and a month younger than myself so it will be great. He is very organized and likes to work hard so we will make these next three months ones for the record books. It has been interesting to look back three months ago and see how much I have learned. 

Wednesday-We had one of our greatest days in Alberton, so it was pretty cool way to introduce "Elder Weg" to the mission life. We were teaching almost for every hour of the day. We met this awesome family that is from Zimbabwe, and because of the poverty there they moved to South Africa. He and his family live in a small tin shack the size of a ping pong table. It was definitely a humbling experience to teach someone so humble. They were very responsive to the gospel and especially liked the Book of Mormon . Fingers crossed, and a lot of prayers are being said. 

Thursday- HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!  The people do not celebrate thanksgiving here of course. Interestingly, the people don't even know what a turkey is. We went into a meat shop to buy one and they just kept saying "Chikun?" So I tried to explain it as a giant chicken that can fly. Obviously it worked because they found one in the back.

So we went over and hung out with the Elders from Germiston and cooked up a sweet turkey, I stuffed it with some bread and sprinkled some curry on it. We also cooked up some turkey liver and heart and ate all of it :) So it was definitely one that I will remember for the rest of my life. All of our appointments canceled but we were still thankful:).


Friday-I witnessed one of the greatest miracles, no coincidence, that I have seen so far in my mission so far. We had just gotten done teaching our 5 o’clock appointment and were on our way to the next one when we get a message telling us that our next appointment couldn't make it. So I pulled over to regroup and go to our back-up plans. So I call our mission leader and then this guy knocks on the passenger window. Elder Wegrowski, being new, thinks this white guy is going to try to carjack us so he doesn't even acknowledge this guy trying to talk to us. So I ended the call and rolled down the window to find out that he is a former investigator that is married to a less-active member and he wants to come back the church. So I got out of the car and gave him a hug and we see him tomorrow. Miracles happen. 

Saturday- We contacted almost the entire day. I got home and couldn't speak my voice was gone because I talked so much. :(

Sunday- One of our investigators had sprained her ankle really bad, to the point that she couldn't walk at all. But, we get to church and see her hobbling to one of the benches to sit down. She definitely put the team on her back. It  is amazing to see people that some are so committed. 

Each week, as we continue to work hard, the blessings continue to POUR in. It truly is amazing to see the Lords hand in every thing we do. It is an honor to take this time out to dedicate it to serve and teach people about  Him. I love you all and hope you have a great week!
Chega A Ve

Elder Broadhead 
D&C
 6:33

No comments:

Post a Comment