Monday, January 5, 2015

1/5/15 A New Year


Jan 5th, 2015
 
Another great week has passed here in Africa and I find myself back on the same rubbish computer for another email. It was tough hearing about Grandma Broadhead, but I knew that when we skyped that she was going to pass on soon. You never really develop a love for the Plan of Salvation until you experience it. I can only imagine the reunion with Grandpa, I wish I could have seen it. This week definitely has taught me a ton, from losing a loved one to seeing the mighty change in heart, it has been a rollercoaster. So I'll get to the week.

Tuesday-Elder Weg and I have been trying to see a lot of the less-active people in our ward and it has turned out great. They are just those who have become lost in the midst of temptations as Lehi explained. Other than that we met with Washington and he is on date for the 25th, so the next couple weeks here will be exciting ones!

Wednesday-On New Year’s Eve, we worked until 6. Everyone was sooooo drunk, it was funny but at the same time it is really tough to teach someone about the first vision when they are incoherent. So at 6 we went and picked up Germiston elders and came back and played Uno till 10 30 and ate tres leches. Best New Years Eve ever. We awoke to people screaming, I thought I was in Black Hawk Down (No worries. . . I only saw the edited version J). Then we went back to bed.

Thursday- One of the coolest days on my mission so far. So we woke up and there is a nature reserve right next to our flat, so we decided to go exploring and ended up in the bush running with zebras and wildebeest. I'll send the pics next week. No greater way to begin the New Year than by running with zebra right? We then played rugby and soccer and went to eat all you can eat pizza after so a great day together. I’ll fast forward to Sunday
 

Sunday-easily the most fulfilling day on my mission so far. So we woke up and went to church. 4 of our investigators showed up. Washington walked 45 minutes to church; talk about commitment. Then 3 less-active families came as well. It is nice to see that you are making a difference in #hasteningthework .

Hope you all have a great week!

Elder Bhead
Ether 12:4

No comments:

Post a Comment