Monday, February 23, 2015

2/23/15 Hellooo Rabie Ridge

Hey Fam,
 This week has been crazzzzy. Finished up saying goodbyes to my family in Alberton (it was rough to leave that place) and we drove up to the mission office Tuesday morning for Transfer meeting. The only way I can come close to describing transfers is just like in Hunger Games where the name pops up on the screen.
Good-bye Elder Weg
Rabie Ridge Flat
Anyway...........................I will be moving to a township called Rabie Ridge!!!  Pretty dang exciting, the place is just bursting it’s seams with investigators so I am ready to get to work. I'll give you a little background about the area. It is a township, looks similar to the small houses in a tight space in Mexico. There are about 150 active members and about 300 less-active people (crazy huh?) We and another pair of elders share the car every other day so we walk and drive. My companion is Elder Ainslie from the UK so my dream of having an English accent is about to be fulfilled. He has been out for 3 months, so he just got done being trained so it will be awesome.
Tuesday- we came back to the area and dropped the luggage off and went to see a recent convert family, the Chefu's. Sweet family. 
Wednesday- This was my first time walking for an entire day, so I almost died. Remember it is the middle of summer here and I know St George is warm but this is HOT and I forgot water as well :) great day I’ll never do that again:)
Thursday- Weekly Planning. The people that are ready for the gospel here is insane. I don't think I have ever seen so many investigators in an area book before. For that I am grateful. Walked everywhere, I see so many celeb look a likes here. TodayI saw a Chris Webber and a Gary Coleman (I gave him a pass along card)
Friday- District Meeting and work,  lots of work. I don’t think I have never sweated as much as I have this last week in entire my life. . . .  Walking in the hot sun everywhere, but I brought water so it was good.
Sunday- My first time in a township church annnnnndddddd church was the same. Minus the fact that the people here sing just like in the deep south. It is amazing. I want to record it and send it to you all to show you. They don't have anyone to play the piano so ward I volunteered for next week. I'm kicking myself for not practicing more in the 6 years that a took piano :( I should have listened to Sis Powell!  The ward is stellar, everyone executes there calling with diligence, something that I haven’t seen before. Life is great and I can't wait to continue the work here.
Peace out A-town.
Love Elder Broadhead

No comments:

Post a Comment