Wednesday, April 29, 2015

4/27/14 Sic/Sick Week



Hey Fam,

This week has been sick. . . . .  in more ways than one. 
Tuesday- We went on splits again with our Ward Mission Leader and YSA preparing to go on their missions. It has been working very well for us to cover more ground and see as many people as we can see. Also our YSA's member missionaries are really getting pumped for their missions! So we will keep doing it and see what comes from it.

Wednesday- Another amazing day, we continue to be busy teaching every hour from 11 till 9 so it is awesome. Two cool stories, The first is about a less-active and is about 23 and is kind of struggling in his life. He has been LA for the past 3 years. His brother is the Ward Secretary, so we stopped by and had a sweet lesson with him. He let us know that he had been praying for someone to help him and we knocked at his door long story short,  we are working with him and hopefully, he will serve a mission! The next is a guy was baptized 2 years ago and was preparing to go to the temple where he was told that he couldn't get a recommend unless he cut his dreads. (He looks like Chris Johnson off  the Tennessee Titans, dreads and chains and gold teeth). So he went LA for a short time but  same thing, we went over, showed him some love . . . just listened while he talked and he wants to come back as well. So things continue to roll forth.







Thursday-I woke up with a really sore throat and headed to the doctor, to find that I had strep throat, I’ve never had anything quite like it. I got some meds and rested for the next 3 days because I could barely do anything else. I had to be better by Sunday.







Sunday- We had 3 baptisms so I couldn't miss it. The doctor told me that I was good to go to church I wouldn't be contagious, so I manned up and went and had some baptisms. The Lord truly healed me so that I could go. They were Sam, Joyce and a recent converts daughter Simpiwe! I’m running short on time and still not feeling up to par but I will I'll tell you more about them next week!
Keep praying that I don't have Ebola J

Love, Elder Broadhead

 

No comments:

Post a Comment