Monday, June 1, 2015

6/1/15 Filling Week :)


June 1st 2015

Another week has flown by and some new and amazing experiences have happened, from eating so much that Elder Sibanda and I couldn't sleep,  to trying to help people come back to church either way,  it has definitely been a "filling" week lol.

Tuesday- somehow the members found out that it was my birthday so they sent me an invitation, inviting me to my own birthday party on Saturday. So my birthday was postponed. But it was a day spent like the many others. . . . Testifying of the Restoration and helping people see how much is awaiting them in the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. We got to see a "Gogo" who we are working with, we taught her about the Book of Mormon and challenged her to read it every day. She ended up reading all the way through 1st Nephi in the 1st week so the elderly have some power.

Wednesday-New Mission Orientation with Elder Sibanda, we went down to the mission home and just learned more about the everyday life of missionaries. It was an uplifting experience and I can't express enough how grateful I am to have President and Sister Dunn they are amazing leaders. I am so blessed :)

Thursday- workkkk!!!!

Friday- Zone Meeting and trying to learn how to teach people the gospel in Zulu. It will take a little bit longer than expected. Judging from the fact that I told someone to "smell the Book of Mormon and ask god if it is true" it will require a little more studying on my part.  hahahahhaahahahah I think maybe I stick to English and leave the Zulu to Elder Sibanda. 

Saturday- We had an amazing lesson with a less-active guy named Tebogo. He joined the church about 15 years ago when he was 18. He prepared to go on a mission and then he lost his parents in an accident and just put the mission on a backburner. He know is married and has 2 kids and wondered if he could be forgiven. One of the greatest lessons I have ever been in, he wants his wife and children to be taught now :) Tender Mercies are all around us.

Sunday- Just an example of the possibilities of missionary work here. We had 3 Investigator families at church. Pretty amazing and Elder Sibanda and I are #tooblessedtobestressed here in Rabie Ridge. Life is great, Elder Sibanda is great, missionary work is great. Nothing could be sweeter.

Love Elder Bhead

Alma 26:12

 

No comments:

Post a Comment