Monday, October 13, 2014

10/13/14 Johnny Lingo

                                                                                                                          Oct13, 2014
Whaddup fammmm,
 Another week in the books here in the crazy land of South Africa. This week was probably one of the best and hardest so far, but I learned A TON. Most importantly . . . .  I learned that patience really is a virtue. So that’s basically tells you how the week went.
       Monday- we went to the Rhino/Lion park and I got to live my dream and play with lion/tiger cubs. Those things are little devils, let me tell you. One of them bit Elder Williams so hard that he still has a hole with a giant bruise in his leg this week. We also got to see every African animal while we were there except Rhino and Elephant. Those were fake elephants I was sitting on ;) Dub I'm sorry you weren't here little bro, I made sure to kiss the tiger cub for you though. After that we came back and started into missionary work. 
Wednesday- I got to go on exchanges with Elder Williams, who is almost an exact replica of Chay. He is 6 foot 7 and as goofy as all get out. Exactly like Trey, it made me miss him!!!!!  He is way funny and we had a pretty good day together even though all of our appointments canceled and we tracted for 4 hours. 
Thursday- The curse of exchanges continued with all of our appointments canceling and we continued to tract and contact for 4-5 hours. :) 
Friday- Yes. . . . . the curse continued. To make things even worse, I got bit by like a million mosquitoes. Great day :/ I just kept thinking about Malaria!
Saturday- Still continued :/ . . . . . .not very much success tracting and contacting but I didn't get bit by mosquitoes so it was a better day. I also got to go to a Traditional African Wedding negotiation. It was pretty cool, one of our investigators who is a sister is getting married and they finalized the payment plan for her. (Exactly like Johnny Lingo). And they had a big party and ate, drank, and were merry. His tribe, the Gxosa's conquered some intruding Irish Warriors and now their traditional tribal wear consists of a kilt. It was so interesting seeing how marriage and culture works over here.
Sunday- The day the curse wore off. We actually were able to teach some people without them canceling. We taught this Indian lady who converted to Christianity and was banished from the rest of her family. It’s pretty amazing seeing how a belief and knowledge about Jesus Christ and his love can change someones life .     
           Also we got transfer news and IM STAYING. I'll probably be here for another 4 months so nothing new. This week was awesome; we didn't teach that many lessons  but I learned more about patience and love than ever have before. I’m not sure I will keep praying for patience. . . . because then the Lord seems to give me more opportunities to practice:)  Take care and have a great week! Love you all!!!!

Elder Bhead

Alma 26:12

No comments:

Post a Comment