Thursday, October 30, 2014

10/27/14 "Who-den-dak Mu-frow" & General Conference

Whats up Fam??                                                          Oct 27, 2014

This week has been a great one and I finally got to see general conference this week. Also I got to live my mission dream because the people here that speak Afrikaan its very similar to Dutch. So I walk around everywhere and say "Who-den-dak Mu-frow" like the new elder on the Best Two Years. THE PEOPLE ACTUALLY UNDERSTOOD WHAT WAS SAYING. So the dream has been fulfilled :)

Tuesday-we were able to find this group of people that migrated to South Africa to find better work. They are from Malawi, I have no idea where it is but it probably produces some of the most humble people I have ever met. They are 2 awesome guys and we are glad we were able to find them and teach them about the Restored Gospel. It is also the  time of year where there are summer rainstorms every day at like 4 o’clock. The rain here is absolutely nuts. It rains like it does in St.George- hard just for 2 or 3 hours instead of 15 minutes. But the best thing about Alberton is the lightning storms. The lightning storms here are flippin scary, but the thunder here is incredible. It literally shakes the entire house, and if it wasn't for being so tired at the end of the day. I wouldn't sleep. 
Rain clouds moving in.

Wednesday- We got to meet with one of our investigators who is preparing to be baptized. Before we met with him Elder Martin locked our keys in the car. So our investigator took a hanger and broke into our car. I don't know if I should be very concerned but thank goodness for investigators who know how to break into cars. He was a lifesaver. Then we went to have dinner with one of our members who actually was a Boxing champion from the DRC. I told him I could beat him up as a joke but I think he took it seriously. So if I don't email next week you know what happened :). 

Thursday-We were able to tract and tract and tract and find and tract. After a long day of work, we went to P.E.C and found out that people had stolen the copper electricity cables from the church so there was no electricity. Only in Africa. So we went home and made some muffins to give to members. 

Friday-We were able to go and teach Florence one last time, she is now going to be taught by the other Elders in Katlehong but she is on date to be baptized! Also, I don't know if I told you about it last time. but I grabbed a random guy off the street to have a male present in our lesson with her and he is now going to church haahhahah 

Saturday and Sunday- I'll just talk a little about General Conference and some of my Favorite talks. General Conference isn't to big here because we only had 10 people attend the Saturday Morning and Afternoon sessions at the chapel. My Favorite talk in the Saturday session was by Lynn G. Robbins who asked the question, "Which Way do you Face"? I really enjoyed that talk and it really helped me with the mindset that I need to have as a missionary. After conference on Saturday. we were able to go to a Brie where I had Ox Liver. hahahahahah some things are better not eaten. Then we taught these 2 men from Zimbabwe. besides people from Malawi the people from Zimbabwe are very very humble. But my favorite talk this conference was the one by Elder David A Bednar, that guy is a legend!!!!  His talk was very much like what we do as missionaries especially the question "Come and See". I actually said that to an investigator on Saturday night. Telling him to "Come and See". 
Sunsets are AMAZING!
General Conference made the week and motivated me to do more as a missionary even though the work here in Alberton is pretty tough. Take Care and have a great week!

Love Elder Bhead. 
Helamen 5:12



        

No comments:

Post a Comment