Sunday, December 27, 2015

12/14/15 Drum roll. . . . . .

Hey Family,          12/14/15


It’s been a big week so can I have a drum roll please......................  after much consideration I have decided to take my talents to Costa Rica  . . . . . . 
Alright it might not be Costa Rica, and it may not have been my idea but thanks to the inspiration of President Dunn
I have been transferred to one of the 
most beautiful places on the earth.



 I am out in a area called Nelspruit in the Mpumulanga Province and the size of the areas continue to grow bigger and bigger. So our area boundary runs from the top of Botswana, covering all of the Kruger National Park (so if you know some elephants that need a visit from the missionaries go ahead and fill out the card;) Down to the border of Swaziland and all the way out to Mozambique. So that being said we have some pretty unique circumstances when it comes to missionary work. With 20+ recent converts in the past 6 months this place is ON FIIIYAHHH. So I'll share the story a group of our amazing saints in the Nelspruit Branch.
 #1 The Mshadza Crew


This began with a family of three. A faith-filled mother, her Aaronic priesthood aged son and younger delightful daughter. They stay in a village about 45 minutes from the chapel. When I first received my call to Africa, this is the placed that I imagined. Mango and avocado trees dot the mountain with homes situated in the weirdest places. This family found the missionaries in Johannesburg and proceeded to live the gospel and stay faithful when they moved to Mshadza. Since they have been here, they talk to everyone they stay with and share with them the message that has blessed them. And most of them are young, single adults with a burning desire to live a better life. So it started with one, then another, and then another and yesterday we confirmed the 6th recent convert in the past 4 months from Mshadza! Despite the long drive and lack of transport they and their friends continue to find a way to come and worship! I am continually taken back by the humility, dedication and genuine desire to be obedient that I learn from those I have been called to serve. I often feel  I learn so much more from them than I could ever possibly teach them.

I am alive and well and feeling very blessed to be serving the amazing people of South  Africa!
Love you all,
Elder Broadhead

No comments:

Post a Comment