Friday, November 6, 2015

11/2/15 Vereeniging here I come. . . . .

Hey Fam,                                                                                          11/2/15

After a whirlwind couple of days, things are finally settling down here in the area of Vereeniging (pronounced Fair-in-knee-hang). It is an interesting area with its own set of unique circumstances, we cover two universities and have members spread across a radius of about 70 kilometers. It is a diverse ward with people who have very diverse interests and lives. I will make sure to send some pics next week of an area but it is kind of like a wetland area because there are rivers in the area. Anyways, I talk you through my week. I'll go through give you a shot of Elder Bhead week in South Africa!

Monday-said goodbye to a couple of families got fed so much that I threw up on the way to our last appointment. Elder Clegg took a video of my sufferings, but the people here are too generous and I don't know how to say "no thank you."  Not a bad problem to have, just a little inconvenient.

Tuesday- TRANSFER DAY! It was a day of mixed emotions for sure, I had to say goodbye to a couple of great friends and companions that headed home. Shout out to Elder Henderson (who already has a beard) and many others inspiring missionaries who will be missed. But life goes on. . . .  so after saying goodbye we headed to Vereeniging I figured this is where I will be spending the next couple of months so let’s go to work!  We got back and met a couple of people for the first time. It was a great start.

Wednesday- I took a missionary back again to the office for a dentist appointment and some doctor issues. Nothing to great other that my voice was completely gone. You know how I like to yell :)

Thursday- We had some interviews about an hour away from us for some other missionaries, so we did weekly planning and took off. We went on splits and it was pretty amazing. We had a miracle happen, there is a investigator who was taught here that was on date to be baptized and then he moved up to Klerksdorp. They haven't been able to contact him for the past couple of weeks anyways, while we were up there guess who called!!!!!! THAPELO!!!!! So he will be baptized up there in the upcoming weeks. Miracles all around.

Fast forward to sunday :) First week in Vereeninging. It reminded me of being back in Alberton, just the same kind of diversity. We had an amazing lesson with a family called the Lotz. As we discussed it turns out that his boss is an active member of the church and he could tell by the way his boss held himself that this church had to be true. I again was reminded that you never know who is watching and our example can be the most powerful missionary tool. 

Lots and lotz of amazing things are happening here and I’m grateful to be n a new area working up a storm. Enjoy your week and remember you never know who’s watching!

Love you all!
Elder Bhead

No comments:

Post a Comment