Thursday, May 19, 2016

4.25.16 Soweto

April 25th, 2016
Welcome from the depths of Soweto. 
We had transfers on Tuesday this week and it was pretty bittersweet. It was amazing to serve in a small branch like Nelspruit, because you come so close to the members and
they are just like your extended family. So it is pretty rough to leave them, but I am excited to be back in the heart of Johannesburg and serve the in the famous streets of Soweto. I'll tell you a little about our area. It is called Kagiso, it is the township right next to Krugersdorp. It is about 15 minutes from the mission office, so I get to see all the new greenies when they come into the MTC. It is a very large ward, that just split into two. So there are two companionships covering the streets of Kagiso. My new companion is Elder Ratsimbazafy from ..........................Madagascar. The first thing that I asked him is "Is there anyone famous from Madagascar?" He replied, "King Julian". lolol he speaks French, Malagasy and an improvised English. 
About this week, there was a lot of running around and doing errands for other missionaries and it seemed like everyday we had something unexpected come up and put a damper on our plans:) I'll just share a thought that I had as I was studying this week. It comes from D&C 19:14-18 We had a training about 1 month ago about teaching repentance. So I wanted to make sure that I understood it clearly myself. In those scriptures, I think I caught a small glimpse of why the gospel is so important and why the gospel writer Luke penned the famous verse found in chapter one and verse 37 "For with God, nothing shall be impossible". Wherever we are in our lives. Whether it be the streets of Soweto or the Parkways of Provo, the gospel in its entirety will provide peace, love and joy for those who seek it. I love you all and hope that we each remember the simplicity of the gospel :)
Love Elder Broadhead

No comments:

Post a Comment