Thursday, May 19, 2016

5.2.16 The Prodigal Son

May 2nd, 2016
My thoughts stems from a great lesson that I learned from our Soweto Stake President last Sunday in Ward Conference.It is focused on missionary work and the goodness of the restored gospel. My thought stems from 2 places. #1 Luke 15:3-31 In this chapter the Savior teaches us 3 profound parables.Many of us have read and pondered each of these in depth. The Parable of the Lost Sheep, Lost Coin, and the Prodigal Son. Each of these parables can be related to missionary work.
In the parable of the lost sheep, sometimes those we know fall less-active not because they willfully have gone astray, but in search of greener pastures they separate themselves from the flock and it is our responsibility to rescue them.
In the lost coin dilemma. I would open with this question? Was it the coins fault for being misplaced? Often, those who are new or returning members "fall through the cracks" because of lack of diligence by those in whose care they have been intrusted. It is our responsibility to sweep and clean the house until we find the coin. Then call our friends together and rejoice that we found it!
Finally, in my favorite parable of all time. The Prodigal Son willfully rebels against his father and goes away into the far land and wastes away his inheritance. Many we know have chosen to go astray and leave the security of Gods Commands. How then should we treat them? Just as the the Savior explains, Run and kiss them on the neck. We should be patient and when the time comes that they return we should rejoice in their return. not saying, "I told you so."
Second, To the Rescue:We can do it by Elder M Arnold. I am running out of time and typing as fast as I can but  this talk especially touched me, I won't write to much. Instead, let us go to the rescue of those that we know!
love you guys 
love elder Bhead
 

No comments:

Post a Comment