Monday, July 4, 2016

6.15.16 Its COLD Outside



Hey Fam,


Currently emailing and seeing my breath at the same time...I guess I
took growing up in the heat of Southern Utah for granted, but needless to say this week has been COLD! The work continues to go forward,
regardless of the weather. This week we were blessed with a baptism,

I'll tell you more of her story. Her name is Mamello Pinerose Sediti, she is the sweetest 14 year-old you'll ever meet. Both of her parents
are deceased, so she moved in permanently with her Aunty and Uncle who 
are both members of the church. We have been working on trying to help them get to the temple to be sealed, then Mamello came into the picture so it was a great opportunity to go through all the lessons with the family and her baptism was amazing! Despite the cold weather, the chapel has a geyser so the water was warm. I was tempted to float around in it after the baptism was over just to stay warm.

Other than that Given, who I mentioned in the last email, is doing wonderfully and even announced his baptism to the elders quorum on Sunday :) This week I have been studying about remembrance, which seems like it is stressed in every page of the Book Of Mormon.  I thought that I would remember some of the great people that I have been able to teach and help accept the gospel. I only way I
could convey my feelings of being an instrument in the hands of the
Lord is from the Hymn "How Great Thou Art" and the line reads....Then I shall bow, in humble adoration, And then proclaim: "My God, how great Thou art!""

Even though it is cold, the warmth of the gospel makes it all worth it!
Elder Broadhead
Alma 28:14


No comments:

Post a Comment