Monday, July 25, 2016

7.18.16 #goulash

July 18th, 2016
Whaddup Fam!!!
With all changes and emotions and new ideas/assignments, the only word that I can think to describe my thoughts right now is goulash. So, goulash it is! 

First of all, I'll give a back-ground of my assignment for the next 3 weeks. Elder Swindlehurst and I have been assigned as "FIT" men, what it stands for is Finding Investigators Team. Basically, are assignment takes us all over the greater Johannesburg area, visiting missionaries and training them about the keys to finding, trying all kinds of new ideas, and being innovative with the time that we have left. I'll share one innovative Idea that we had this morning. Elder Clegg served as a zone leader in a neighboring area called Krugersdorp and he noticed that every morning between the hours of 6-9 that there would be loads of traffic backed up for kilometerssssssssssssss. So low and behold, the group of 3 courageous (or crazy) FIT men awoke before 6 and took off.   The weather was like the 2012 State Champion game between D-hills and Hurricane minus the snow. It was like we were breathing fire as we were standing on all corners of a robot, trying to find those precious souls that Heavenly Father would place into our path.

As I think about it. What we share has to be the true and we all have a desire to share that light and truth with anyone who will pause for even a second. What in the world would convince 3 young men (20-21) to leave their homes and families to a foreign country to stand out in the bitter cold at 6 in the morning to be rejected and mocked (that gets a little hard) and eventually experience success. I can't formulate words to describe my thoughts other than a quote by James Freeman Clarke "Strong Convictions precede great actions."


Other than that there were a TON of Highlights this week. 
1) On Tuesday we had our departing Temple trip for the missionaries who would be going home. By coincidence, I received a name of the deceased brother to a missionary who is currently serving in our mission. After I got out of the temple, I called him and he verified that it was his brother who had passed away almost 20 years ago! Do you believe in Miracles????

Florence almost two years later!


2)Do you remember when I emailed about Florence almost 2 years ago??? My first area
See the picture below (she is in the relief society presidency now)

3)Do you also remember the email in Vereeniging where I shared about meeting a golden lady named Mpho???? (she is now married to a member and are going to the temple in 1 year from July 16th 2016)


Love you all!
love elder B!


No comments:

Post a Comment